A cardiovascular doctor or a cardiologist is the term that refers to a doctor that deals with heart diseases and problems related to blood vessels, and the heart. A heart doctor diagnoses and treats the heart ailments. There are different types of tests that assess heart health. Also, at times he performs surgeries like inserting a pacemaker, angioplasty, etc. The cardiovascular doctor is a broader term that deals with serious complications of the heart. It is important to know about the cardiovascular doctor near me so that a last-minute emergency can be averted.
Moreover, a cardiovascular doctor treats those patients with higher risk or serious complications. However, there are different types of cardiovascular doctor near me –
- Cardiac Surgeons – They perform serious and complicated surgeries of the heart like bypass surgery, valve repair, and heart transplants.
- Electro physiologists – the heart rhythm problems are treated and diagnosed.
- Interventional Cardiologists – They perform surgeries like inserting stents or angioplasty.
- Vascular medicine Cardiologists – They treat the arteries outside of the heart and deal with blood circulation in the body.
- Cardio oncologist – They treat the heart diseases problems of cancer patients. Some chemotherapy or radiation affects the heart and makes it toxic.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation specialist – They create and monitor diet plans with light or moderate exercise plan for the patients after heart attack, heart surgery, or heart failure.
However, the main treatment starts with a cardiologist. Firstly, he determines the seriousness of the heart problem. Only then the patient is referred to a cardiovascular doctor. The team of doctors is highly qualified, experienced, and trained in their field of heart and blood vessels. They are updated according to the changes that happen from time to time in their field.
There is a wide range of responsibilities among the doctors and the staff members –
- Preparing the patient and the equipment for cardiac catheterization where a long tube is inserted in the artery of the veins of the arms, neck, arm, or groin through the blood vessels to the heart.
- Performing cardiac catheterization stent placements, heart valve replacements, etc.
- Monitoring blood pressure and heartbeats through the EKG machine.
- Analyzing the image of the heart health received during monitoring.
This is to conclude that, Heart ailments should be considered with a high priority. Health should always be one’s priority. First, consult a good cardiologist and go through the tests and then if it is required then a cardiovascular doctor will be recommended.